ATLANTA -Standing by its mission to serve community organizations in and around Braves Country, the Atlanta Braves Foundation grants funding to youth-serving organizations that focus on health, education, and recreation; and whose plans for the requested funds will have a significant impact upon the individuals served by the requesting organization. Braves Give, the community outreach arm of the Braves Foundation, is now accepting grant applications from local non-profit organizations. Through this charitable giving, the organizations will fund initiatives including after-school programs, health and wellness efforts, anti-bullying campaigns, educational projects, athletic programs, and much more. In 2012, the Braves awarded $250,000 in grants to 28 deserving recipients.
The Atlanta Braves Foundation has continued success in its fundraising efforts thanks to the generous support of thousands of fans and community partners. Marquee events and initiatives including the Atlanta Braves Foundation Weekend and Foundation Golf Tournament experience tremendous support annually. The expansion of the 50/50 Raffle program to an electronic system has proved to be a great success. The additional revenue generated through the growth of the program has enabled the Foundation to nearly double its community contributions through the grant program.
Furthermore, ongoing programs including game day silent auctions and the scoreboard message program help provide additional funds to support the Foundation's outreach efforts.
"One of the core values of the Atlanta Braves is to serve as goodwill ambassadors for our community," said Derek Schiller, executive vice president, Atlanta Braves. "Together with the generous support of our incredible fans and community partners, we are pleased to invest in organizations that deliver a positive impact to the youth of Metro Atlanta."
For additional information and to apply for the Atlanta Braves Foundation grant, please visit www.braves.com/grants. Applications must be submitted online only. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Atlanta Braves Foundation Grant Guidelines:
- Applicants must be exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and must include a copy of your Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt determination letter.
- Funding Priorities
- Priority will be given to applicants who address opportunities for youth in the areas of education, health and recreation.
- Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2013.
- Grants typically between $500 and $10,000 and may also be awarded in the form of in-kind contributions.
- Application Deadline
- Non tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations
- Organizations that advocate religious beliefs or restrict participation on the basis of religion
- Schools (public or private)
- Capital and endowment campaigns
- Multi-year pledge requests
- Annual fund drives
- Seed or startup funds
- Operational deficits
- Debt reduction
- Medical research
- Political activities
- Fundraising events sponsorships (golf, walks/run, dinner galas, advertisements, etc.)
- Scholarships/Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledges
- Site visits by representatives of the Board may be conducted as part of the final evaluation process. The Foundation also has the right to make exceptions to its guidelines as deemed appropriate. Regretfully, the Braves Foundation is unable to support all worthwhile causes.
- Applicants must submit their grant application online. No handwritten copies will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- If additional sheets are attached, please be sure to reference the section number of the application that you are addressing.
- The Atlanta Braves Foundation Grant Program does not fund the following:
- Grants are not made for:
- Site Visits
- Application Submission Procedures
The non-profit arm of the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Braves Foundation actively supports community organizations and their programs within the metro Atlanta area. Since its inception in 1992, the Atlanta Braves Foundation has provided support to thousands of metro Atlanta based organizations and has contributed more than 5 million dollars in financial assistance to the community. Through the generous support of Braves players, employees, sponsors and fans, the Atlanta Braves Foundation continuously strives to improve the quality of life for our youth.